Cranksgiving 2021 | 11th Anniversary
Sequim WA, 10/25/2021: Saturday, November 20, 2021 will be the 11th Anniversary of CRANKSGIVING to benefit the Sequim Food Bank.
For the past 10 years area cyclists have met on the Saturday before Thanksgiving to gather food for the Sequim Food Bank. Last year COVID protocols prevented the Food Bank from taking actual food donations so we gathered dollars instead! Nearly $9,000 was donated to our Food Bank. In 2019 we gathered and donated OVER 1 TON of food to the Sequim Food Bank.
CRANKSGIVING is a nationwide Food Drive on wheels (see the attached background sheet and flyer). We continue to feel the effects of COVID in our community. Our Food Bank has been hit very hard. Businesses are shuttered or gone - unemployment is high and the loss of income has forced many families to seek help from the Food Bank !
This year we will return to our 'normal' format with individuals and teams of cyclists gathering food from our local markets in a fun event. There will be a raffle for participants featuring donations from local merchants Traditional "Trophy Cans" will be awarded in various categories: Most Food Gathered, Oldest Rider, etc. . We may even be able to return to an "Afterparty".
We need to get the word out within the community - spread the word to our friends and neighbors.
- Anyone with a bicycle can participate, from kids to seniors.
- CRANKSGIVING day is Saturday 11/20 (the Saturday before Thanksgiving).
- On that day CRANKSGIVING HQ will be set up next to the Sequim Food Bank from 8:30AM to Noon.
- Participants can bike, walk, hop, drive or whatever to the Food Bank to participate – look for the tent.
- All participants will receive a unique CRANKSGIVING "Spokecard" and an entry number for the raffle.
This will be Sequim's 11th Anniversary doing CRANKSGIVING to support OUR Food Bank! We are one of the smallest of the over 100 cities in the country hosting a CRANKSGIVING (https://www.cranksgiving.org)