Client Service Specialist
Summary: The Client Service Specialist provides exceptional customer service and represents Kitsap Bank in a courteous, professional manner to clients. Accurately and efficiently processes and records routine transactions for Bank clients. Actively promotes the Bank’s products and services to gain and deepen client relationships.
- Accurately and efficiently processes and records routine transactions for Bank clients including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing credit card and loan payments, and money transfers.
- Actively participates in efforts to gain and deepen client relationships by seeking opportunities to discuss and offer Kitsap Bank products and services as a solution for client’s needs referring them to appropriate support staff when needed.
- Discusses consumer and commercial products, quotes product rates when appropriate.
- Assists with branch and/or drive-up opening and closing procedures.
- Assists clients with safe deposit box services. Processes payments and key deposits and refunds.
- Researches and responds to client inquiries, verifies account information, resolves client concerns or refers them to management as necessary.
- Actively learns, demonstrates and fosters the Kitsap Bank corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Develops, maintains and demonstrates a basic knowledge of current Bank products and services.
- May perform or back up vault and ATM duties.
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with bank policies and complies with all security procedures, compliance regulations and safety procedures.
- Maintain the safety and confidentiality of client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months cash handling, customer service and/or sales experience.
- Ability to accurately handle cash.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform basic math – addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions and percentages.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer technology.
- Ability to operate standard bank/office equipment such as a copy machine, telephone, fax machine, branch capture scanner and ten-key calculator
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to stand during the work shift.
- Position frequently involves hearing, speaking, fingering, standing, walking and repetitive motions of hands/wrists.
- Requires use of close and distance vision.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and effectively communicate with Bank clients.
- Ability to discern information and formulate appropriate action.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.