Sequim YMCA Healthy Living Coordinator
The Healthy Living Coordinator works to expand the health and well-being of the Olympic Peninsula YMCA through programs, classes, activities, and events. The Healthy Living Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling, development, and management of all Wellness Center Coaches, Personal Trainers and Healthy Living/Group Exercise Instructors. The Healthy Living Coordinator will develop and manage all onsite and offsite group classes including both water and land group exercise classes, Exercise and Thrive and special group exercise classes as assigned. Duties will entail staff supervision, and class and program supervision. The Healthy Living Coordinator, in cooperation with the Member Services Coordinator and Administration Coordinator will also implement and manage association systems and practices that support extraordinary member/participant experiences. These systems will include fit passes, personal training sessions, and other relationship-based activities that further connect members/participants with the YMCA movement. This individual will ensure superior member service by delivering consistent and high-quality classes. The Coordinator will ensure classes and programs operate in a quality manner consistent with Olympic Peninsula YMCA guidelines.
- Experience in working with adult and senior at-risk populations with varying levels of fitness experience
- Either a current national personal training certificate or current Group Exercise Training certification within 6 months of hire
- One or more years of related experience including staff supervision.
- Experience with program development and budget management
- Strong administrative and computer skills, including working with Microsoft Office suite, program and operating software, and internet applications.
- Ability to work with other assigned staff to process and problem solve complex registration processes
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Ability to relate well and communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse group of individuals, in all circumstances
- Pass a comprehensive background screening
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have current CPR and first-aid certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire