Sequim YMCA Lead Member Services Representative- Full Time
The Lead MSR is responsible for assisting the Member Services Coordinator with daily operations of the Member Services office and for general business support systems. Ensure timely and accurate processing of member applications, program registrations, member support program, billings and communications.
- Be 21years of age or older
- Be skilled computers, Microsoft software and internet applications.
- Be organized, detail oriented with ability to monitor & improve systems.
- Two or more years of related experience including staff supervision.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Attends MSR staff meetings and trainings as required and complete all on-line trainings which includes child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire.
- Upholds YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with youths.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform regular MSR duties as needed.
- Train, supervise, and assist with the evaluation of MSR staff in collaboration with the Member Services Coordinator.
- Processes all membership complaints and/or disputes and directs to appropriate staff.
- Logs and responds to telephone, data & office equipment technical problems and contacts maintenance/support contractors as needed.
- Assist members with billing issues and online registration process when needed.
- Maintain Member Support processes, applications, renewals, cancellations.
- Complete all other job duties assigned by Member Services Coordinator.
DAXKO DATA SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Works with Member Services Coordinator and Billing Specialist to maintain systems for the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of billing invoices and receipts for membership dues, fundraising campaigns and events.
- Office setting with multi phone lines and constant interruptions
- Must have ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment
- Possibility of working early morning, evening and weekend work hours
- Seeing to monitor members during shift; hearing and speaking to exchange and gather information
and provide assistance to members
- Bending at the waist to pick up laundry, supplies and perform daily cleaning tasks
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors’ communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.